MISING LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
Mising language uses Roman script. Mising Agom Kebang is the Mising supreme body about Mising language. It has been working relentlessly towards development of Mising language.
Mising has been introduced in primary level education in Assam. Misings have written dictionary as well as well developed grammar. Mising language belong to Indo-Tibetan group of languages. It has very close similarities with other Tani languages n Arunachal.
Few important milestones of Mising language:
1. First Mising grammar was written in 1849 by Rev. Robinson in 'Jurnal of Asiatic Society of Bengal' ((Vol, 18, part 1, page 224).
2. After that British Political officer, Joseph Francis Needham, based in Sadiya published another Mising grammaer 'Outline grammar of the Shaiyang Miri Language as spoken by the Miris of that clan residing the neighbourhood of Sadiya' 1886.
3. First Mising books were published by Reverend James Herbert Lorrain in 1902 with name 'Isorke Doyinge'( Story of God) and Jisuke Doyinge ( Story of Jesus) in 1902.
4. First Mising dictionary was published in 1910, from Shillong by Reverend James Herbert Lorrain.
5. After that, Rev. LWB Jackman published "Keyum kero Kitab (1914)", "Rom Kiding kela Korintian Doying (1916) and "Mathike Annam Baibal" (1917).
Source : Mising Blogs
So, Mising language was converted to written form with written grammar way back in 1849. Recently, since 1980, lot of books, magazines, news papers have been published in Mising language.
TO BE UPDATED
Next : Mising History
Previous : Religion and Rituals